St. Francis Province, Thamarassery

In the history of St. Francis Province Thamarassery, 14thJune 1956 is an unforgatable day. It was on this day that nine pioneer missionaries fro Pala province reached Kodanchery and Venappara in order to start our first convents in the diocese of Thalassery, according to the invitation of his Excellency Rt. Rev. Dr. Sebastian Valloppilly, the Bishop of Thalassery. The two convents started on the same day are St.Mary's Convent Kodanchery and St.Antony's convent Venappara both in Kozhikode district. Rev.Fr.Dositheus CMI the parish priest of Kodanchery and Rev.Fr.Antoninus CMI the parish priest of Venappara were the two persons who invited the sisters to start the convents. In 1964, the FCC unit in Thalassery diocese was raised to status of a region,with other convents in other parts of the diocese. Rev.Mother Mary was the first Regional superior. The region was raised to the status of a province in 1974. The first provincial superior was Sr.Henry Suso ...

News & Events

Provincial Superior

Sr.Anns Maria FCC


St. Francis Province Welcomes You!